Current and former patients are entitled to access their clinical / health records.
How to get your records:
- You can request a copy of your clinical records, or any part of them, by writing to: External Requests, Grafton Clinical Records, PO BOX 92024, Auckland 1142
- You can fax your request to (09) 307 8920
- You can call between 7.30am to 3.30 pm Monday to Friday - (09) 307 4949 extn 7264, 7234, 6866, 5321
What you will need to provide:
- Your current contact address and telephone number
- Your full name and date of birth. If you have ever had a name change, please include all the names you have used in the past, so we can have a better chance to locate your old record
- Please specify which information from the clinical records you want to receive. If you are not sure what information is required, please explain what the information will be used for, if you feel this is appropriate, and we will copy the relevant notes. Alternatively, you may choose to come in person and view your record first
- Sign your request and attach a copy of any personal identification document that has both your name and your signature, e.g. your drivers licence or your passport
Once your request has been received, a copy of the records is usually sent within 20 working days. This service is free.
Information from clinical records may be used for medical audit or review purposes. Information obtained for these purposes is not used in an identifying form.
Email enquiries to: firstname.lastname@example.org