Fertility Plus accepts both public and private referrals. Patients can also refer themselves directly for a private consultation and do not need a letter from their family doctor if they are being seen privately.
For a publicly funded appointment
To be seen for a publicly funded appointment, certain eligibility criteria must be met. These include:
- Women must be less than 40 years of age at the time of referral.
- Both partners must be New Zealand resident(s) or possess a work permit for at least two years.
- If there is no obvious cause of infertility e.g. absence of tubes, there must be at least a year of regular intercourse without a pregnancy.
The following test results must be attached to a couple’s referral:
- Semen analysis
- Antenatal screening bloods
- A cervical smear taken within the last 12 months
- HIV, Hepatitis B, Hepatitis C serology (male and female)
- FSH levels on day 2-4 of a cycle (done within the last 6 months)
- Progesterone level 6-8 days before a period
Your GP will send a public referral to the Northern Regional Fertility Service (NRFS) at:
All referrals to NRFS should be sent to Maxine Barnard:
Fax no: (09) 837 9144
Phone: (09) 486 8920 ext 6503
Postal address: Level 2, Snelgar building, Private Bag 93-115, Henderson, Auckland 0650
Referral form for NRFS (under Gynaecology)
For a private consultation
If you are not eligible for a publicly funded referral, or you wish to be seen more quickly, you can be referred for a private consultation or make a self referral using the following contact details for information and prices:
Ph: (09) 630 9943 Ext 27520
Fax: (09) 631 0728