We recommend you leave your valuables at home for the duration of your hospital stay.
- Your support person/whānau
- Lip balm
- Massage oil
- Warm socks
- A good book or magazine
- Food or drink for your support person, energy snacks and drinks for you
- Glucose tablets or honey
- Travelling rug or blanket
- Music of your choice on your own device
For your ongoing stay in hospital
- Day or night wear as you may feel more comfortable in your own day clothes or night wear.
- Remember that you will be breast feeding so clothes that open down the front or separate at the waist are recommended.
- A supportive breast feeding bra is also essential and appropriate.
- Shirt and trousers, skirt or dresses, lava lava; summer wear as the hospital is warm.
- Bras and breast pads, panties, jandals (for wearing in the showers).
- Nighties or pyjamas, lava lava, dressing gown.
- Soap & face cloth, toothbrush and toothpaste.
- Shampoo and comb or hairbrush.
- At least three packets of maternity sanitary pads.
- Pen (for completing babies feed chart).
- Your own mug or cup. Tea and milo is provided.
- Complementary remedies and usual medications.
We provide nappies during your stay. Please bring the following items for baby:
- Going-home clothes such as a woollen hat or bonnet, gown or all-in-one, booties and jackets/cardigans. It is a good idea to make sure the clothes have legs if the car seat requires the strap to go between the legs.
- A blanket for the journey home. We encourage new parents to buy blankets made of breathable material such as cotton or wool. Avoid polar fleece blankets.
- A car seat(external link) appropriate for your new baby. This is always required.
Click here for a pdf version of this page [PDF, 280 KB].